Used Car Registration
Registration can be completed at any of the approved centers mentioned below in Dubai and the Northern Emirates.
Buyer (must be resident of Dubai) & seller must be present.
In case, the seller is not present, a sale deed letter from an authorized showroom or dealer is required.
If the vehicle is from another emirate, the vehicle registration should have been cancelled there.
From August 2010, the re-registration can be done from other emirates as well.
Check online at the Dubai Police website for any outstanding fines, which the seller should pay, before you register the car in your name.
1. Passport (original + copy) or Dubai driving license (original).
2. Insurance Policy (you may be able to transfer the old policy; if not, get a new one) .
3. If the car is financed through a bank, take the proper documents, including ‘No Objection Letter’, if applicable.
4. Old registration card (if the registration is expired, the car should be tested at the Traffic Department or at any authorized testing center
5. Original license plates.
- Go to Dubai Traffic Department or any authorized vehicle testing center
- Test your car
- Fill in the registration form & pay the fees.
- Settle the payment of fines, if any, by the seller; the officer will check & confirm this.
- Wait for your name to be called out and in a few minutes, collect your new registration card, valid for one year.
- Get new plates fixed to vehicle.
- Send copies of registration card to your finance & insurance company.
RTA Vehicle test Dhs 100
Registration Dhs 420 (short number plates) Dhs 470 (long number plates)
For more information, visit RTA website. Or call RTA's toll free number on 800 9090
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO FIRST OBTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE VEHICLE TEST AT VEHICLE TESTING CENTRES AND PURCHASE AN INDEPENDENT OFFICIAL VALUATION CERTIFICATE FROM THE SAME STATION.
WHEN THE COMPRHENSIVE TEST DOESNT COME UP WITH SIGNIFICANT FAILURES, THAN A SHORT RTA TEST NEEDS TO BE DONE IN ORDER TO TRANSFER OWNERSHIP.